You are here
Welcome to the Cardinal Cash Merchant page! We hope this page provides you with the information you need to help make the best decision for your business. (The link to begin the application process appears midpage.)
What is Cardinal Cash?
Cardinal Cash is a prepaid declining debit account encoded on SUNY Plattsburgh ID cards (Cardinal Card). Everyone with an ID card has a Cardinal Cash account, all card holders have to do to activate their accounts is make a deposit. Cardinal Cash purchases are subject to a service charge of 7%.
Some purchase restrictions apply. Cardinal Cash cannot be used to purchase the following:
- All tobacco products
- Lottery or other gambling tickets
- Items that could be construed as drug paraphernalia
- Items that could be construed as weapons
- Body altering, such as; tattoos and piercings
- Gift certificates that can be redeemed for cash.
How Does Cardinal Cash Work?
- A SUNY Plattsburgh ID card holder requests to make a purchase with Cardinal Cash.
- The merchant checks the photo ID and signature.
- The merchant swipes the card.
- Prints a receipt and the customer signs.
How Do I Become a Cardinal Card Program Member?
You can click on the link at the bottom of this page to begin your application.
Enter your business name
Enter first and last name
Enter email (emails are required as all Cardinal Cash business communications are shared via email only)
Enter a Password
Verify your password
- College Auxiliary Services will be notified of your request to become a program member. Verification usually takes less than 24 hours on regular business days
- Once you are approved, an email to complete the registration process will be sent to you with a link
The link will lead you to a "Merchant Sign-Up" page
You will be prompted to:
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions (please review the contract carefully)
- Select a a transaction processing method; web browser, Verifone VX520 or Verifone VX610 (prices and any data charges are listed on this page
For information regarding transaction devices please contact our JSA Technologies management team at 1-877-572-8324 Ext. 2219
The Fourth Step concludes the online registration after you provide us with the following; (Please note, failure to complete the registration process in its entirety, five (5) weeks from initial approval, will result in the cancellation of application process)
Your business tax identification
Business address and phone number
Bank account information for weekly ACH deposits
Entering any additional business locations
REQUIRED BUSINESS FORM
During this process a College Auxiliary Service representative will contact you via email or phone to record business information for our records. This information allows CAS to promote your business through our website, add your buisiness to our campus flyer, promote your business through social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and SnapChat; @PlattsCAS) and finally forward your free "Cardinal Cash Accepted Here" store front decal. You can complete the the Cardinal Cash Business Form here. You may email this form to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to College Auxiliary Services, Cardinal Cash Program, 101 Broad St., Plattsburgh, NY 12901.
For Your Information
- On average, Cardinal Cash off campus merchants capture approximately 26% of the total Cardinal Cash deposits, which totaled on average $1.8 million per year
- Because Cardinal Cash is controlled spending - both parents and students alike understand the value of this prepaid declining balance account
- By becoming a Cardinal Cash merchant you will open the door to over 6,000 potential customers; students, faculty and staff and their families
- Proudly display the Cardinal Cash Accepted Here decal in your store window!
For further information regarding transactions, reports, ACH deposits, device operation or other technical questions, please contact a JSA Technologies representative at 1-877-572-8324 ext. 2219.
For information regarding marketing or the Cardinal Cash Fair, please contact College Auxiliary Services at email@example.com or 518-564-2035.