You are here
What's new in dining in 2018-2019
College Auxiliary Services and Chartwells continue their commitment to providing affordable meal plans with a healthful variety of food and beverage choices that meet the diversified preferences and dietary needs of our students in comfortable and convenient dining venues.
CLINTON DINING HALL
• Clinton renovations were completed for the fall 2018 semester, taking it from an institutional style dining venue to a restaurant quality dining venue – students can now build their entrée the way they want it!
- Clinton has introduced Clinton To Go!
- Meal plan holders may get a meal to go at Clinton.
- Pay a $7.00 refundable deposit with Dining Dollars and get a To Go container.
- Fill your container with your chosen meal and take out.
- Return the To Go container and your Dining Dollars will be refunded the $7.00 deposit.
- Please note; students using the Clinton Take Out feature will experience a 30 minute delay to reenter the dining hall to pick up a second To Go container.
- Dedicated Allergen station.
- Individual meal ordering and preparation via in-house Clinton kiosks at the deli, grill and Mongolian grill.
ALGONQUIN (Big Al's)
- Algonquin (Big Al's) is closed for dining.
- Closing Big Al's became necessary to help provide additional value into existing meal plans.
- Big Al's capital cost was not sustainable.
- College Auxiliary Services and Chartwells must keep pace with the legislated increase of the hourly minimum wage (Fast Food Minimum Wage Order) over the next few years.
- All employees at Big Al's have been transferred to other dining venues on campus; no one lost their job as a result of the closure.
- Big Al's will continue to host ethnic meals.
- Further possible use of Big Al's is being evaluated and researched and may include; headquarters for Campus Dining Catering, a centralized production kitchen and the possibility of other campus opportunities.
- Venue will remain open, with the same entrance and space available.
- To view Meal Plan pricing for the 2018-2019 academic year click here.
- The Meal Trade value increased from $8.25 to $8.75.
- The first year freshmen mandatory Anytime Dining Meal Plan requirement has been relaxed to a first semester only requirement.
Should you have any questions please contact CAS at 518-564-2035 or email@example.com.