You are here
Understanding how dining venues are categorized and what SUNY Plattsburgh meal plans are comprised of is key in assisting you to select the best value based on your dietary wants, needs and budget.
Dining venues are categorized and referred to as Dining Halls or Retail Dining Units.
- Clinton - an all you care to eat facility.
- Little Al's (attached to Al's) - primarily utilized as take out, eat in is available. This unit is not an all you care to eat facility.
Retail Dining Locations:
- The Sundowner
- Tim Hortons
- Einstein Bros. Bagels
- Samuel D's
Meal plans are comprised of different components; Meal Trades, Dining Dollars, Express Dollars, Cardinal Cash and/or Guest passes.
Retail Meals (Part of Anytime Dining + $125 only.)
- A Retail Meal is a specific menu offering at any retail dining location.
- The specific menu offerings are posted at each retail dining location. If you choose to add something that is not on the list, the cost of that item will be deducted from your Dining Dollars total. If your Dining Dollars balance is depleted it will be deduct the purchase from your Express Dollars automatically.
- Seven Retail Meals are available for the Anytime Dining meal plan holder per week.
- Retails meals expire at the end of each week and do not roll over week to week or semester to semester.
- Retail meals were included in the Anytime Dining meal plan to give students an opportunity to dine at retail dining facilities during any meal period, with the exception of Late Night.
Guest Passes (part of Anytime Dining + $125 only)
- Guest Passes may be used for a cardholder's guest.
- The cardholder must accompany the guest.
- Additional Guest Passes may not be added to the Anytime Dining meal plan.
- Guest Passes expire at the end of each semester.
Late Night Meal Trade (Part of Anytime Dining + $125 only.)
- Late Night is available at Subway or Sundowner from 8:00pm to closing.
- Late Night Meal Trades have a value equivalent to one meal swipe or $8.75.
- One Late Night Meal Trade purchase is allowed per night.
- Additional Late Night Meal Trades may not be added to this meal plan.
- Late Night Meal Trades do not rollover and expire if not used.
- Meal Trades equal one meal swipe in Clinton.
- Meal Trades have a value of $8.75 in any retail unit.
- Additional Meal Trades may be added to meal plans.
- Meal Trades expire at the end of each semester.
- Dining Dollars may be used in any dining facility.
- Additional Dining Dollars may not be added to meal plans.
- Purchases with Dining Dollars are tax exempt and non-transferable.
- Unused Dining Dollars rollover from fall to spring semester and are forfeited at the end of spring semester.
- Express Dollars may be used in Campus Express (the campus convenience store) to purchase food, beverages and select health and beauty products.
- Express Dollars may be used in any dining venue after Dining Dollars are depleted.
- Additional Express Dollars may be added to meal plans.
- Purchases with Express Dollars are not tax exempt and are non-transferable.
- Unused Express Dollars rollover from fall to spring semester and are forfeited at the end of spring semester.
Cardinal Cash (Available as part of Dining Mix meal plans for off campus students.)
- Everyone with a SUNY Plattsburgh ID has a Cardinal Cash account.
- Cardinal Cash is a declining prepaid debit account and may be used campus-wide and off campus at over 50 locations.
- Cardinal Cash does not expire and rolls over from semester to semester.
- Additional deposits may be added to this account anytime.
Direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.