You are here
Welcome to the Cardinal Cash Merchant page! We hope this page provides you with the information you need to help make the best decision for your business.
CLINTON COMMUNITY COLLEGE COUGAR CASH - In partnership with Clinton Community College's Cougar Cash program, CCC students may use their college IDs and Cougar Cash to make purchases. The process is seamless for merchants. Both college's IDs are used to make purchases the same way and follow the same terms and service charges. When we refer to Cardinal Cash, we imply Cougar Cash.
What is Cardinal Cash?
Cardinal Cash is a prepaid declining debit account encoded on SUNY Plattsburgh ID cards (Cardinal Card). Everyone with an ID card has a Cardinal Cash account, all card holders have to do to activate their accounts is make a deposit. Cardinal Cash purchases are subject to a service charge of 6% if merchant participates in the annual Cardinal Cash Fair and 9% if merchant opts out of Fair participation.
Some purchase restrictions apply. Cardinal Cash cannot be used to purchase the following:
- All tobacco products
- Lottery or other gambling tickets
- Items that could be construed as drug paraphernalia
- Items that could be construed as weapons
- Body altering, such as; tattoos and piercings
- Gift certificates
How Does Cardinal Cash Work?
- A SUNY Plattsburgh ID card holder requests to make a purchase with Cardinal Cash
- The merchant checks the photo ID and signature
- The merchant swipes the card
- Prints a receipt and the customer signs
How Do I Become a Cardinal Card Program Member?
You can click on the link at the botton of this page to begin your application
Enter your business name
Enter first and last name
Enter email (emails are required as all Cardinal Cash business communications are shared via email only)
Enter a Password
Verify your password
- College Auxiliary Services will be notified of your request to become a program member, this usually takes less than 24 hours on regular business days
- Once you are approved, an email to complete the registration process will be sent to you with a link
The link will lead you to a "Merchant Sign-Up" page
You will be prompted to:
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions (please review the contract carefully)
- Select a a transaction processing method; web browser, Verifone VX520 or Verifone VX610 (prices and any data charges are listed on this page
- For information regarding transaction devices please contact our JSA Technologies management team at 1-877-572-8324 Ext. 2219
- Select the monthly service charge (6% or 9%) The service charge is dependent upon your agreement to or opting out of participation in the annual Cardinal Cash Fair. (Cardinal Cash Fair Information)
The Fourth Step concludes the online registration after you provide us with the following; (Please note, failure to complete the registration process in its entirety, five (5) weeks from initial approval, will result in the cancellation of application process)
Your business tax identification
Business address and phone number
Bank account information for weekly ACH deposits
Entering any additional business locations
After this process is completed you will be ready to accept Cardinal Cash and a College Auxiliary Service representative will contact you via email for any additional information for your business' placement on our campus flyers and soical media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat). In addition, you will have the opportunity to order your free "Cardinal Cash Accepted Here" and 'Cougar Cash Accepted Here" store front decals.
For Your Information
- On average, Cardinal Cash off campus merchants capture approximately 26% of the total Cardinal Cash deposits, which totaled on average $1.8 million per year
- Because Cardinal Cash is controlled spending - both parents and students alike understand the value of this prepaid declining balance account
- By becoming a Cardinal Cash merchant you will open the door to over 6,000 potential customers; students, faculty and staff and their families
- Proudly display the Cardinal Cash Accepted Here and Cougar Cash Accepted here decal in your store window!
For further information regarding transactions, reports, ACH deposits, device operation or other technical questions, please contact a JSA Technologies representative at 1-877-572-8324 ext. 2219.
For information regarding marketing or the Cardinal Cash Fair, please contact Chris Whalen at email@example.com or 564-2035 or 564-2038.