Cardinal Card is more than a University ID
Cardinal Card is a high tech, color ID card that provides you with a fast, convenient, easy and safe way to access and purchase programs and services on and off campus.
You Need a Cardinal Card For...
- Cardinal Cash - on and off campus prepaid declining debit account
- The College Store
- Dining Services - access your meal plan
- Fitness Center- required to access gym
- Door Access; labs, dorms
- Feinberg Library
- Special Event Tickets...
WHERE DO I GET MY ID?
- SUNY Plattsburgh’s ID Card Office is located at College Auxiliary Services (CAS) in Clinton Dining Hall.
IS THERE AN iPHONE APP FOR MY CARDINAL CARD?
- Yes! Go to the Apple iPhone app store and download your free app or Google search: Cardinal Card Apple App. With the Cardinal Card app, you can check your balance, make a deposit and report your card lost or stolen.
CAN I MAKE A CASH WITHDRAWAL FROM MY CARDINAL CASH ACCOUNT?
- No, sorry Cardinal Cash is a prepaid debit account, cash withdrawals are permitted.
WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO & WHEN CAN I GET MY ID?
- Come to the ID office in Clinton Dining Hall
- Have your photo taken
- Sign your ID
- Get your ID card immediately
ID CARD OFFICE HOURS
- Regular hours: Mon. – Fri. 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Summer hours: Mon. – Fri. 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Office Hours for Orientation: The ID card office is open at convenient hours that suit your orientation schedule – you will have plenty of time to get your ID ~ your orientation leaders will keep you informed.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I LOSE MY ID?
- It’s important that you report your ID lost or stolen immediately.
- Your card will be suspended and no one will be able to use it.
- If you find your ID you must come into the ID card office to reactivate it.
- For security reasons we cannot reactivate IDs over the phone or via email.
- Once a new card is issued your old card cannot be reactivated or used.
ID CARD REPLACEMENT FEES
- The fee to replace a damaged card is $5.00 (you must present the damaged card to receive this discounted fee).
- The fee to replace a lost or stolen card is $15.00.